Deacon Nominations Koo Wee Rup
Time & Location
About The Event
I understand that a Deacon of Cranbourne Christian Fellowship Centre Inc. T/AS turningpoint Church must be an active Partner Member and hold to the vision and convictions of this Church. The Oversight will consider all the nominees and interview appropriate individuals and announce the Deacons for 2021 at a Sunday service some time in November/December 2020.
1 Timothy 3:8-13 “In the same way, deacons must be well respected and have integrity. They must not be heavy drinkers or dishonest with money. They must be committed to the mystery of the faith now revealed and must live with a clear conscience. Before they are appointed as deacons, let them be closely examined. If they pass the test, then let them serve as deacons. In the same way, their wives must be respected and must not slander others. They must exercise self-control and be faithful in everything they do. A deacon must be faithful to his wife, and he must manage his children and household well. Those who do well as deacons will be rewarded with respect from others and will have increased confidence in their faith in Christ Jesus.” (NLT)
Acts 6:3 “Brothers and sisters choose seven men from among you who are known to be fullof the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them.” TODAY’S NIV
To prepare us for growth and expansion in 2021 we need to appoint Deacons to Cranbourne Christian Fellowship Centre Inc. T/AS turningPointChurch. The position and responsibilities will be from the 1st of January 2021 until the 31st of December 2021.
I hereby submit the following names to the Oversight of Cranbourne Christian Fellowship Centre Inc. T/AS TurningPoint Church for consideration to the function as a Deacon within this Church.
I understand that this nomination will be considered by the Oversight of Cranbourne Christian Fellowship Centre Inc. T/AS turningpoint Church. If the Oversight considers the candidate suitable for the position, then the Oversight will arrange a meeting to discuss the nomination. If the nominated person and the Oversight accept the person for the position then the Oversight will bring the nominated person/s to be commissioned at an appropriate Sunday meeting prior to the commencement of 2021.
Deacon Job Description
1. Be responsible to co-ordinate the set up and clean up of all TURNINGPOINT Church Sunday Services.
2. Be responsible for the storage, maintenance and inventory of all TURNINGPOINT Church equipment.
3. Co-ordinate the preparation of all special services ensuring all practical aspects are catered for e.g. communion, conferences, baptismal services, dedications, presentations, church lunches etc.
4. Train and co-ordinate parking attendants, welcoming teams, hostess teams and other helps.
5. Arrange and distribute around the church relevant information pertaining to Deacons areas of responsibility.
6. Oversee the visitor’s book/visitation cards ensuring they are filled out correctly.
7. Co-ordinate catchers and support personnel for prayer lines.
8. Be available during services to direct people, set-up extra equipment, check heating/air conditioning temperatures etc.
10. Be responsible for security, safety and fire evacuation procedures; fire drills, first aid and crowd control.